3.23.2014

JACQUEMUS AW14










Photography Lea Colombo

For my experiential design in fashion module we've been set the task of creating a fashion show for a up and coming designer that we're inspired by and design an original concept. The difficult aspect of this brief is that unlike most fashion shows you see, they are specifically asking us to not use the traditional runway show where models walk up and down a catwalk. So, after researching numerous designers both british and international, I came across young french paris designer Simon Jacquemus, who has mastered the art of simplicity in a youthful way. What I love about Jacquemus's work is that with each collection he also does a fashion film, a real story with a real scenario. During an interview with The Fader, Jacquemus stated "It was more important for me to tell a story than to make clothes." Here are some of the backstage images from his AW14 collection, where my obsession with his signature white Adidas Superstars and white pop socks began. Here Simon shows oversized clothing at its best and a million and one ideas popped into my head for visual concepts when looking at the different colours, pidgin blue, strong yellow, citrus red and materials used. I'll be posting in the next couple of weeks my ideas and end results! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

.profile-img{ height: auto; width: 200px; }